1.What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
Went to Disneyland!!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year's resolution: be more social. Learn to engage with people more sincerely and deeply. Let go of things making me feel bad with no purpose.
And yeah, I think I made some progress on all of that!
This year's resolution: Don't get sunburned! I've been going in the sun a little every day for the last few months and am hoping to make it to autumn with no sunburn, it's going well so far.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I have this horrible feeling I'm forgetting someone but that may just have been all the celebrity deaths.
5. What countries did you visit?
The united states!
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
A finished version of That Jane Austen Game.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Various days from the Disneyland trip. The US election :(
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Went on an international trip and didn't die!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing is standing out and all the possibilities are depressing. NEXT QUESTION.
10. Did you suffer (new) illness or injury?
Not that I can think of this year either! Wow two years in a row with no new major illnesses or injury lol
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably Stardew Valley.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lots of people, but let's say Cam, for being such a supportive husband while we were on the trip. Couldn't have done it without him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Well, the biggest unusual expenditure was the trip.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What songs will always remind you of 2016?
I was trying to think of pop songs but I think the answer has to be Yuri on Ice (the song from the show) Also Burn the Witch by Radiohead.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same?
b) thinner or fatter? About the same.
c) richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
One of my resolutions was to let go of guilt so I am deliberately not answering this haha.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Had a very quiet 25th with Cam, and a really nice Hannukkah on the 26th with Mum.
21. Did you fall in love in 2016?
idk about love but did have some "Whoa how did I not notice how cute they are" moments.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Yuri!!!!!!! on Ice
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
See Question 13.
25. What was the best book you read?
Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
To see L.A. while I was in Disneyland.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 37 and...I don't remember? It was pretty laid back, I think.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having looked ahead to the next question: being able to bind!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Exploring gender expression, specifically but not exclusively masculinity.
33. What kept you sane?
Once again, hooray for desvenlafaxine
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Toss up between Riz Ahmed and Diego Luna. Rebel One was a good movie :D
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
See question 13 >:( Pretty pissed off about this Centrelink business right now.
36. Who did you miss?
Everyone in the US I thought I might have a chance to meet but then circumstances interfered!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Tiny baby Meredith!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Just a little bit more accessibility makes places 1000% more fun.
39. Something new that worked out really well for you during the year.
40. Quote song lyrics that sum up your year:
I have noooo idea, but SOME of the year has definitely been summed up by "This is a low flying panic attack" from Burn the witch by Radiohead, so, let's go with that even though the year as a whole hasn't been too bad anxiety wise.
This entry was originally posted at http://alias-sqbr.dreamwidth.org/63